Join us for a very special evening – musical variety of grand proportions, as the folks over at the community-focused, Island-based Mighty Speck Records offer up a “Speck-tacular” showcase of their unique label…9 – Count’em – NINE Acts perform 12-minute vignettes each. A melange of genres your ears have not yet consumed in one evening…A veritable potpourri of Folk, Country, Rock, Hip Hop, Soul, and Blues. PLUS, by attending, you are helping this ambitious young record label to realize one of their 2015 goals – to tour across Canada! In June, they’ll tour as far as Montreal – maybe even further…and in the spirit of ol’ Sun Records, they’ll tour as a label, with at least 5 of the label’s artists being showcased on any given night. And you can help launch this exciting venture, just by showing up May 22nd and cheering them on.
- Little Nectar (2015 Song of the Year Nominees @ Island Music Awards…Opened for Grammy Nominee Maria Muldaur & Juno Winner Carole Pope)
- Jonny Miller (West Coast Soul Country…3-time Island Music Awards Nominee this year)
- Labloom (electro-pop)
- Chris Andres (Authentic Outlaw Country…2015 Country Recording of the Year Nominees at the Island Music Awards)
- Jennifer Smythe (acoustic blues-soul-folk)
- Mister Waugh (Canadian Conscious Hip Hop…Has opened for 2 Live Crew, Swollen Members, Moka Only)
- Zoubi Arros (acoustic soul pop)
- David Chenery (apocalyptic folk)
- James Kasper (dynamic folk noir. Opened for Ray Charles in 1998 and for Blue Rodeo’s Bob Wiseman & Bob Egan more recently)
Doors: 6:30pm. Show: 7pm Sharp.
Admission: All Ages. $10 @ the door (you are welcome to donate a couple extra bucks if you like…Or purchase a signed CD)
For more info, visit: MightySpeckRecords.ca